…plus a few other pretties.
I like a good sale. Who doesn’t, right!?! I wanted to share some of my favorite cold weather items that I already own, same or similar ones, and some other pretty pieces that made it onto my wish-list.
Everything below is currently on sale 👌
1) Quilted Down Vest available in multiple colors – I’ve been eyeing this vest since last year and finally decided to order it. This color was my favorite and it was already on sale + the extra % off. The wait paid off. I ordered it in XXS (I own one in pink in xxs from a few years ago, the old style). Reviews said it runs big so will see how it fits.
2) Marled turtleneck sweater – this sweater caught my eye as soon as it came out. I have so many similar ones that I haven’t justified it yet. I have same style marled sweater in dark gray that I’ve been wearing for a couple of years now and it’s my favorite turtleneck sweater. I
love the color of this one. Never say never, right 😉
3) Plaid shirt – while I have multiple different colored plaid shirts, I find myself reaching for the black and white plaid ones the most (actually wore it yesterday). I love that it pairs nicely with not only jeans and other type of pants, but also with skirts. I definitely recommend this one.
4) Holly Sweater – I got this sweater last year in bright pink. The quality is nice + it’s on the slightly thicker side. Part of my wishes I’d purchased a more toned down color. This year the colors available are beautiful.
5) Hunter boots – not from J.Crew but on sale. I got the Peppercorn color for my sister recently and she loves them. Mine are in bright coral, also on sale (but I do like the Peppercorn color better).
6) Chateau Parka – this coat was on my wish-list for the longest time. It used to be excluded from promotions and I never wanted to pay the full price. Last year there was a special promo running so I grabbed one. But this year J.Crew is including them in their regular promos. Finally! I originally wanted it in gray. I tried the red one and fell in love. It looked SO beautiful on, but so did the blue one (not available this year). Purchased the red at first but since I really owned a bright coat (coral-y but closet enough) from J.Crew I ended up exchanging it for blue (as seen in this post). This years favorite color, other than red, is Heather Emerald. I highly recommend this coat. I get compliments on it all the time (even though it seems like everyone has one lol).
7) Matte Rain Boots on sale + extra % off – I’ve been eyeing these short rain boots since last year. They’re a nice alternative to a tall boot. Also available in black.
8) Cable scarf in Italian Wool – I love the color and style of this scarf (it comes in 4 more colors).
9) Fingerless Mittens – I love the fingerless gloves with the ‘finger-coverage’ option (always nice when you don’t have to take your gloves off for texting or whatever else). Definitely not warm for the freezing months, but for slightly cold weather they’re perfect.
11) Boatneck striped tee – I’m a sucker for stripes. Love the “built-in cuffs” in this one. Still a good classic striped tee but with a touch of interest. Not sure why this one is not in my closet yet 😉
12) Double-cloath lady coat – I have the old style in this coat (my pink one) and it’s one of my favorite coats. I’ve had it for…I think 5 years now and it still looks great. I’m really really itching for this navy one. Such a nice classic lady coat. The SA at J.Crew said it runs small, so I’d probably go with size 2 (my pink one is size 0). But it also depends if you’re going to wear thick sweaters underneath, which I do.
13) Striped Peplum top – I purchased this top over a month ago and while I did wear it already it didn’t make it to the blog yet (many outfits don’t sadly). I’ve love peplum tops because they flatter the figure…accentuate the waist and hide the tummy hehe.
14) Sailor Skirt – Such a cute skirt that can transition nicely between seasons. For colder weather add opaque tights. I’d pair this skirt with with either flats, pumps or nice boots, add a nice classic coat (like the one above) and top options are endless.
15) Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves available in multiple colors – If you live in a cold weather climate, or travel to cold destinations, a good pair of leather gloves is essential. They’re a great investment piece that will last you for years to come.
16) Lucite heel Pumps – I love an instructing pair of pumps. While these are still nice and classic, the lucite heels adds a little extra oomph to the shoes. And the color is beautiful.
And don’t forget about you man! While mine is so so so picky (so hard to shop for, so hard) I take the liberty to get things for him that he
needs hopefully will like. This pair of boots caught my eye the other day and I thought they’re super super nice. Once they arrive I’m hoping he’ll like them. I also liked this pair a lot, but he doesn’t like cap toe shoes. I should have ordered these as well as he might have changed his mind if he saw them in person lol. I also ordered this half-zip sweater for him (he likes BR a lot more to be honest but does own sweaters and some dress pants from J.Crew).
Also fun socks. He has a crazy amount of fun socks (he wears them every day) so I usually get him socks too (also pick in that department lol). Latest pair are these striped ones which are fairly subtle.
Is your man picky? Does he like if you shop clothes for him?