Julep and a quick Xen-Tan update

Blouse: The Limited  (button up at Loft) (another alternative) (super cute option

Skirt: H&M (couldn’t find one like it online) (different print option at BR) (cool print here too

Shoes: Zara (similar at Aldo) (at Piperlime) (here for $40– comes in a ton of fun colors)

Belt: J.Crew (buy on sale) (similar at F21 for under $10 and here for under $8)

Bag: Coach (gift) (similar) (here at Amazon) (love this one)

Necklace: Target  (pretty option at F21) (another option

Bracelet: Thank you Christine (btw…LOVE LOVE this necklace, ah, so pretty)

Since this week the weather has been great I decided to wear my skirt…with bare legs. Finally!
  But that also means pasty white legs.
Couple of weeks ago I mentioned getting the XEN-Tan at Ulta so I though I’d give you a brief update on it.
In two words – I like!
A lot!
But, I’m going to use if few more times to see if I still like it. I’ll be telling you more about it soon.

What is your favorite self tanner?

Also, I recently joined Julep (like I need more nail polishes) but I’m a sucker for pretty nails. And it doesn’t help that their polish bottles are cute and sleek.

You can get can your intro box for only $ .01…yep, ONE CENT!
Click on this link to get your intro box!
(I have three so far, one of them is gold glitter and that’s the first glitter nail polish that came off easily for me. Winner!)

xoxo

1. Schnelle
    March 15, 2012 / 1:17 pm

That skirt is beautiful! I love the whole outfit. Julep sounds like my cup of tea, I'll have to check it out.

2. Lilly
    March 15, 2012 / 1:18 pm

Thank you 🙂 I just love that their bottles are so different.

3. Mrs. Blanton
    March 15, 2012 / 1:22 pm

I am really wanting to try that self tanner. Getting my spray tan done today 🙂 It's been in the 70's here. mommysguiltypleasures.blogspot.com

4. TheTinyHeart
    March 15, 2012 / 1:25 pm

That teal blouse is so gorgeous! I'm not a huge fan of self tanner…I find it usually comes out looking too orange. I do like airbrush tans (the kind where a person sprays you) but nothing beats the real thing!-SharonThe Tiny Heart

5. Simply Sarah
    March 15, 2012 / 1:34 pm

love love love that skirt – you always inspire me with your color combinations!

6. Jenny
    March 15, 2012 / 1:43 pm

I love the pops of color along with the houndstooth skirt. Totally chic outfit!

7. Lilly
    March 15, 2012 / 1:48 pm

@Mrs. Blanton – Spray tans are great. I only had couple of them, but one spay tan is over $30 up here. Not a good price.@TheTinyHeart – I've never had one where a person sprays you, but I've heard they're better than the mistic spray tans. @Simply Sarah – aw, thank you :)@Monica's Notebook – I should give Jergens a try, I keep hearing good things about it. Checking out your post now…@Jenny – thank you 🙂

8. My Dressy Ways
    March 15, 2012 / 2:04 pm

This is such a great pairing! I love houndstooth but sadly, don't own anything with this print.

9. Audrey Leighton
    March 15, 2012 / 2:08 pm

Love the skirt on you…works so well with the colors as well!xxBe Frassy

10. jillian
    March 15, 2012 / 2:19 pm

omg i am IN LOVE with this look!!!i have a similar shirt from ON that i got for $19. seriously, i cannot explain how much i love this!!!so glad you posted about the xen-tan! i'm planning on going to ulta at lunch and i may have to pick this up! how long til you saw some color?xoxo, jillianhttp://just-jillian.blogspot.com

11. Lilly
    March 15, 2012 / 2:27 pm

@My Dressy Ways – thank you 🙂 This skirt is the only houndstooth print I own. @Audrey Leighton – Thank you :)@Jillian – Thank you! 🙂 I usually use the self tan lotions before bed so in the morning it's a nice. Yesterday I did put some on my legs in the early evening and the color started developing within half an hour.

12. Laura
    March 15, 2012 / 2:31 pm

That skirt is so pretty – woo hoo for the awesome weather we have been having!I recently purchased Lorac TANtalizer from Ulta – I love it! 🙂

March 15, 2012 / 2:40 pm

This outfit is so wonderful! I love the belt and you can't go wrong with hounds-tooth!

14. Lisa
    March 15, 2012 / 2:59 pm

super cute outfit love the teal suede pumps!!!

15. Kathy
    March 15, 2012 / 3:26 pm

I really like both the pattern and the VERY flattering length of that pencil skirt. Re: tanners…I love Clarins "Delicious Self Tanning Cream". I have never had a streak and it goes on sooooo easily. Plus, love the smell :).

16. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
    March 15, 2012 / 4:11 pm

Love that color with houndstooth

17. Pink Peonies
    March 15, 2012 / 4:54 pm

Love this look!! My fav self tanner is the good old sally hansen spray bottle. I want to try out this one at ULTA!

18. MiniMeStyle
    March 15, 2012 / 5:13 pm

That outfit is absolute perfection! I love the teal next to the houndstooth. As far as self tanners are concerned, I've had surprising success with Banana Boat Sunless Summer color self tanning lotion. On the higher end, I've wanted to try St. Tropez tinted self tanner (you can read the review on Makeup Alley here: http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?itemid=4288) … it kind of has a cult following, and at $40 a bottle it had better be good!

19. Elizabeth
    March 15, 2012 / 5:50 pm

I'm in love with that skirt! I was also debating on breaking out some shorts this weekend, but my pale legs tell me no. We'll see!xo, -Elizabethhttp://bookofleisure.blogspot.com

20. Melissa Pattee
    March 15, 2012 / 6:30 pm

i used to tan in tanning beds ALL the time, but after making a promise to my fiance that I wouldnt, and that whenever i go someone tropical etc to wear sunscrean >.< I started looking into products to give me a false glow…i have to say i still love the mystic spray tans. but you have to be careful not to go too dark, its when you go too dark that you look orange. since i dont tan anymore, id have to stick with the lowest 2 levels. in the summer i could maybe get away with the third. but the upper numbers look good only if you have a deep tan already. i worked at a tanning salon for over a year, and trust me, stick to the lower numbers! and it does honestly look best if you have a tan already…..but i dont, so low levels it is! :)also for an at-home, sunlabs has good products

21. Perpetuity
    March 15, 2012 / 6:34 pm

Ive been totally rockin my sally hansen spray on legs:) You look great in this! Always a fan of turquoise and fab skirt too!~Heather

March 15, 2012 / 7:19 pm

I never would have thought to pair that belt with that skirt, I love your creativity.I don't use self-tanner, but I'm always interested in hearing which products work the best.

23. Jasie
    March 15, 2012 / 8:31 pm

I use Banana Boat self tanner for dark skin. You can see a difference in a couple of applications, and because it's for dark skin, you can see where it's going to avoid streaks! (Always be sure to use gloves when applying!)

24. Elena
    March 15, 2012 / 8:36 pm

Really nice combination of clothing..like how you style!Hope you'll visit me :)The Spotted Cherry Pie

March 15, 2012 / 9:05 pm

Okay so now I'm gonna check out the polish…and the shoes. You may have just cost me some money! Great outfit!

26. LEANNE DEE
    March 15, 2012 / 9:12 pm

Love the outfit! I'm a sucker for houndstooth and pencil skirts. Also, thanks for sharing your review on Xen-Tan, I'm always looking for a good sunless tanner.Leanne@KeepOnStylin

March 16, 2012 / 12:49 am

Hello gorgeous! Wow, this outfit could not be any prettier. I loooove that skirt with the blue! Amazing!

28. Life's a shoe
    March 16, 2012 / 2:22 am

fabulous outfit! love it!

29. Jenn
    March 16, 2012 / 4:01 am

I loved that blouse from The Limited, only it was too big for me 🙁 The color is amazing though and it looks great with the houndstooth!

30. Style & Poise
    March 16, 2012 / 4:29 am

Love..super Chic!!Roni

31. Perfection Possibilities
    March 16, 2012 / 6:35 am

I love love your blue shoes! I want them!!also I didnt see where I could send you an email but I tagged you in a blogger tag on my blog.check it out :)shelbyperfectionpossibilities.blogspot.com

32. Nicole
    March 16, 2012 / 6:49 pm

Love this look! Can you tell me how that belt runs size wise? I checked the website and they only have large left. I'm usually a true medium and was hoping I could make the large work if it ran a little small. Didn't want to buy it on final sale unless I had some info. Thanks!

33. Lilly
    March 16, 2012 / 7:48 pm

Thank you girls :)@Shelby – aw, thank you 🙂 I'll check it out. @Nicole – hmmm..that's a tough question… I'm usually between XS-S and ended up returning XS and got Small. I think it runs just a tiny bit small. I would call/or chat with J.Crew and ask them how long it is…just because it is on final sale.

34. Emily
    March 16, 2012 / 10:12 pm

I love how absolutely polished and springy this is! Love itcreamyclothes.blogspot.com

35. Callandra
    March 17, 2012 / 12:24 am

Lilly this outfit is simply fabulous….two very enthusiastic thumbs up!!

36. Grace at Xen-Tan
    August 16, 2012 / 4:52 pm

Lilly-Cute outfit!! So glad you like our products!xo