sleepy head

Getting home late means no outdoor pictures. So you get these, again!

Lack of sleep has something to do with it as well.

These year-around allergies really do not know when to leave me alone. It’s one thing to disrupt my day, but when you mess with my sleep is a totally different story.  They need to be gone -forever!

Can’t decide to belt or not to belt? The perfect solution is here…half day belt the other half don’t belt.

Ta-da!

Button up: J.Crew (similar here and here)

Cardi: J.Crew (similar here, here, here)

Pants: Forever21

Flats: J.Lo via Kohl’s (similar here and here)

Watch: MK

Wrap Bracelet: Fossil

Wishing you all a happy and wonderful Tuesday!

xo

1. My Dressy Ways
    April 17, 2012 / 7:12 pm

Hope you don't mind that I straight up copy this outfit later! Haha. I have very similar pieces, minus the cap toe flats.

April 17, 2012 / 7:18 pm

I feel ya on the year round allergies. Mine have been horrible lately too! I wake up sneezing, and my eyes water non stop throughout the day. It's not a good look when I wear eye shadow!This outfit is super cute Lilly. Either belted or not, I love it both ways!

3. Dayi
    April 17, 2012 / 7:29 pm

Lilly, I love this outfit, simple but chic and perfect enought for the office. And girl i feel you on the allergies, I'm also loosing sleep and it sucks 🙁 Can't wait for all the bees to go on vacation and stop working on spreading all the pollen….lolDayi http://www.dayissenseofstyle.com/

4. Natasha Fatah
    April 17, 2012 / 7:30 pm

Very cute!xoxo~Natasha Fatah~~Natasha Fatah~

5. Sarah Mira
    April 17, 2012 / 7:33 pm

I love this outfit, especially the blouse!! And I like the outfit without the belt better but you have a great body to pull off both looks 🙂

6. Lauren
    April 17, 2012 / 7:34 pm

This is such a cute outfit! Works great both ways 🙂

7. molly
    April 17, 2012 / 7:43 pm

LOVE!! such a fun outfit! i'm wearing something a little similar today! but with shorts instead of pants. love it!!

8. MiniMeStyle
    April 17, 2012 / 7:43 pm

I really like the coral with the leopard print! Sounds like it was a heck of a day, but you did it in style. 🙂 I really like the outfit belted for work – it looks so polished and pretty, but would probably wear it unbelted outside work.

9. Shades of Nature
    April 17, 2012 / 7:43 pm

I love your Look!

10. LEANNE DEE
    April 17, 2012 / 7:54 pm

Love the coral sweater with the leopard print blouse! This is a lovely combination, I'll definitely have to try it. I especially like the way it looks with the belt! You have such a great style!Thanks,LeanneKeepOnStylin.blogspot.com

11. Kacie Ellis
    April 17, 2012 / 8:06 pm

I like both with the belt and without…tough decision. Love the entire outfit!www.daisyraeboutique.comwww.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

12. that's all
    April 17, 2012 / 8:16 pm

i have to say this – i LOVE this shirt! :)p.s. and your style 🙂

13. jillian
    April 17, 2012 / 8:23 pm

i like it belted best! and i went to jcrew on my lunch break today and couldnt find that dang shirt!!!! 🙁 i did score some good stuff that i will hopefully post tonight! lovin your look as always! xoxo, jillianhttp://just-jillian.blogspot.com

14. Lisa
    April 17, 2012 / 9:19 pm

Lily, How do you find J. Crew button down shirts fit-wise? I just ordered the leopard perfect shirt (you inspired me!) in a 6 but not sure if they run large, true-to-size, or small. Any advice is much appreciated!Love the blog

15. Lisa
    April 17, 2012 / 9:30 pm

Whoops, I misspelled your name! Sorry, Lilly!

16. Mrs C ♥
    April 17, 2012 / 9:55 pm

Very, very cute! Absolutely love the peach with the leopard. Hope you get some much needed rest tonight!

17. tima i.
    April 17, 2012 / 10:02 pm

ooh, i love it both ways!

18. Simply Sarah
    April 17, 2012 / 10:18 pm

I LOVE it belted! Great look Lilly 🙂

19. Lilly
    April 17, 2012 / 10:21 pm

Thank you for all your sweet comments ladies :)@Lisa – this one seems a bit roomier than my other button up but I think that's the fit (plus the fabric makes a difference). It's not big though, if that makes sense 🙂 I think it's pretty true to size.

20. Shadowy Lady
    April 17, 2012 / 11:24 pm

I'm loving ur top, big animal print fan here. I also think outfit looks best belted :)I get my allergies late summer and find them intolerable. I cannot imagine having them all year

21. Schnelle
    April 17, 2012 / 11:48 pm

I love that bright cardi against the leopard. I can totally relate, my allergies have been killing me too.

22. McKae @ kaes corner design
    April 18, 2012 / 12:02 am

I love this outfit! The cardi looks so good with the leopard.

23. So Simply Chic
    April 18, 2012 / 12:28 am

New follower! I love your outfit, so cute :)Xoxohttp://sosimplychic.blogspot.com/

24. Callandra
    April 18, 2012 / 1:08 am

I hear you on those allergies…I think I've been living on allegra and advil for the past week! Lol I've worn an outfit two ways in one day too, it's nice to be able to switch things up in the middle of the day for sure 😉

25. nshade21
    April 18, 2012 / 1:58 am

Love this so much! I just ordered the leopard button up! Thanks for sharing!

26. 24andNeverBeenKissed
    April 18, 2012 / 2:54 am

Lilly I LOVE THIS LOOK!!!!!! And I vote for belt:)Leopard shirt, cardigan, and fabulous flats….wowie!!!

27. Rachel Lynne
    April 18, 2012 / 3:11 am

Haha, love it! Sometimes I don't know what to do either and I decide one way in the morning and I change it during the day while at work! Super cute outfit, love the orange with the leopard!xoxo,Rachelwww.rachelslookbook.com

28. Perpetuity
    April 18, 2012 / 3:24 am

I love what I can see of your hair;) Love the outfit and agreed it looks cute both ways..why not wear it both!~Heather

29. Marissa Saunders
    April 18, 2012 / 4:26 am

Such a cute and comfy outfit. Love your flats. ;)Marissawww.thesimpleswan.blogspot.comA Fashion, Beauty, and Maternity blog

30. Skylette from Sequins&Stilettos
    April 18, 2012 / 4:40 am

I ordered the same button up shirt with that 30% off promo, but I have to wait a week to get mine since I don't have a store anywhere close to me. I love it with the cardi buttoned up and the belt – such a great color combo.Did you order that dress!? You have to let me know what color you go with. 🙂 I ended up ordering the red too… I HAVE to stop at three!

April 18, 2012 / 8:35 pm

I haven't, yet 🙂 I put myself on a shopping ban yesterday (not a good idea) but it's only for a few weeks. Hopefully I'll make it and then order the dress.

31. Goldylocks and the Barrows
    April 18, 2012 / 5:19 am

Love the outfit! What do you do for a living?

April 18, 2012 / 8:34 pm

Thank you 🙂 Just a 9-5 office job.

32. Dee Vine
    April 18, 2012 / 12:34 pm

This is such an adorable outfit! Your use of animal print is really making me more fond of it!

33. Shelby Tracy
    April 18, 2012 / 2:38 pm

One of my favorite outfits. I like it belted! I love the animal print button up!!shelbyperfectionpossibilitites.blogspot.com

April 19, 2012 / 12:10 am

Where is the belt from? I LOVE it!

May 14, 2012 / 6:25 pm

It came with a skirt from H&M.

April 19, 2012 / 12:44 am

You look fabulous as always Lil! Love both versions. Hope you feel better and get some rest asap!

36. We Are Family
    April 19, 2012 / 1:53 am

Where did you get the belt – Ordered the whole outfit but can't find the belt.

April 19, 2012 / 5:07 pm

The belt came with a skirt. Forever21 or Charlotte Russe has similar belt for cheap 🙂

37. Samantha
    April 19, 2012 / 1:57 am

LOVE both versions!! I hear ya- do NOT like allergies, especially when they mess with sleep!Hope you can catch some ZZZZs tonight!xo, sam

April 20, 2012 / 2:48 pm

gorgeous! I vote with the belt!

April 20, 2012 / 7:52 pm

If I usually wear a small in other tops would a 0 be too small or would it be ok?

April 20, 2012 / 11:01 pm

If you fit in other J.Crew size 0 button ups it might be ok. Otherwise I would go with a 2 (since the top is final sale). It's always easier to have it taken in a bit if it's too big.

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2012 / 12:48 am

I have never bought a J.Crew shirt, I love this outfit! I just dont know what size because I think all the have left is 0 and 6.

April 23, 2012 / 4:49 pm

0 might fit you. My sister usually wears a Small but a lot of my tops fit her, including this top (it's more fitted on her). So a size 0 might fit ya. If you have a J.Crew outlet where you live they have this shirt there as well. They might have sizes too.

40. Franny
    April 23, 2012 / 1:30 am

So glad to have seen this post! I ordered the shirt with a gift card I had (and I always hesitate to buy things from J.Crew since its slightly out of my price range). I'm excited to see how you'll style this next so I can get more ideas for my own shirt!and I still maintain that I like the bathroom shots more. I feel we see more of the outfit 🙂

April 23, 2012 / 4:46 pm

The best time to buy is when they have an additional 30% off their sale items. Sometimes stores will have better deals too. I think there will be more bathroom shots..on days when I don't have time for outdoor pictures. 🙂

41. NS
    April 28, 2012 / 9:22 am

Hey. Love how your bathroom pictures look so amazing,. Could never have imagined it..

42. Jillian
    May 1, 2012 / 1:17 am

Absolutely love this outfit can I just buy this(except Tge pants my booty would never fit in those) 🙂 and others from you I HATE shopping… Love your blog by the way.. Your gorgeous!

May 14, 2012 / 6:24 pm

Aw, thank you Jillian 🙂

May 3, 2012 / 3:41 pm

Wow, it is so similar, thanks for sharing 🙂

43. Sarah
    June 12, 2012 / 11:30 pm

Allergies/sinus issues are the story of my life! I feel your pain! Singular 10 does wonders….Its Rx only though. I am loving this cardi paired with the top. The color and print seem to go really well together. I personally like it better belted, but then again I never wear belts, so what does that say?! I would wear them, they just seem to get on my last nerve! Great pics, for a bathroom mirror photo shoot! I've been attempting OOTD pics and posts on my blog….I am a major work in progress. Check it out if you have a chance!! http://www.embellishconsignment.com/blog !!

44. Cassidy
    June 28, 2012 / 10:29 pm

The Target version of the flats are now on sale for less than $9 🙂

45. Bethanee @ thebblife
    July 9, 2012 / 8:47 pm

My vote: belt! New reader and loving it 🙂

46. Q-riiusApparel.com
    July 14, 2012 / 10:02 pm

Definitely loving this look, with and without the belt! Wonder what a mint green cardigan in place of the peach will look like….hmmmm

47. Reyhan
    September 17, 2012 / 5:04 am

Love the outfit! I love it both ways, but not belted is how I would wear it.

September 18, 2012 / 11:17 pm

I desperately need…okay want…this top. J Crew is sold out of course and the CR link doesn't take me to a top that looks like it. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

49. Kayla Rae
    October 22, 2012 / 11:15 pm

I put this picture from Pinterest right on my blog because I loved it so much 🙂

• tomal mahmud
      January 17, 2013 / 4:07 pm

Usually most of the band t-shirts are quite inexpensive because they have a promotional purpose. After all, anyone with a band t-shirt promotes their product for free every time wearing it.design a t shirtprint on shirtsdigital t shirt printingcustom tee shirtscreate t shirts

March 28, 2013 / 12:50 am

I found cute similar flats at Payless!

51. sleepys coupon