i really wanted it to work

Skirt: MNG – (similar here, here, here and here midi style and chevron-stripe at ON)

Shirt: J.Crew factory (similar here, here and here)

Shoes: SoleSociety (so comfy! strap was tight until another hole was made 🙂

Necklace: BaubleBar (get $10 off your first purchase)

Bag: Oasis-store (no longer available) (great option here)

After wearing this skirt for the second time I realized one thing – it’s too short for me and my comfortability (not a word, is it? lol)  level! In these pictures it looks as the skirt hits right above me knees. Not the case.at.all. It’s a lot shorter, trust me. Not the best $45 I spent. I’ll admit that much. I’ve bought skirts and dresses that I probably shouldn’t have (maybe I was thinking I might shrink a couple of inches). So one of these days the “shop my closet” blog will be a place where many of my neglected pieces, along with the ones I really wanted to work, will try to find a new home. And be worn happily ever after.

But I love it, really love this-fabulous-two-inches-too-short-skirt {insert sad face}.

I’m going to go and eat some chocolate now……

1. Maria DaintyandDecadent
    June 15, 2012 / 12:58 pm

That stinks that the skirt isn't working for you because it's such a fun print! I like all the colors you mixed with it too :-)Mariawww.daintyanddecadent.com

2. jillian
    June 15, 2012 / 1:00 pm

awwww, i love that skirt too! even with flat sandals you feel its too short? also, like too short for work or too short for anytime? i really do love it so i'm trying to rationalize you being able to wear it, haha!and i ADORE those sandals, they are gorgeous!!xoxo, jillianhttp://just-jillian.blogspot.com

June 15, 2012 / 1:38 pm

Haha, I know what you mean! I think it must be the style of it too that makes it feel shorter. I might give it another chance and see how I feel 🙂

3. Simply Sarah
    June 15, 2012 / 1:53 pm

love the skirt but I can tell that it seems a lot shorter – it's so cute though! sarahsavvystyle.com

June 15, 2012 / 3:01 pm

I really do love this skirt! But part of fashion is being entirely comfortable with your look from the inside so if you are not comfy in it, I totally understand your frustration. I think sometimes with the flaired skirts we feel as though people can see right up there..LOL! I've tried wearing boy short type of undies to counter that concern. Maybe that would work? It can still be awkward especially if the wind catches the skirt. We have similar outfits on in our posts today by the way. Great minds think alike:-) Happy Friday!!! XOGinaclassyeverafter.blogspot.com

June 16, 2012 / 1:50 am

Hah, I've seen two pairs of undies in the last two weeks lol (and they weren't boy shorts). But the skirt were short, short. This one is heavier fabric so it made it through a windy day without any accidents haha. I think I just have issues with showing my legs. Just started wearing shorts couple of years ago 🙂

5. Always Maylee
    June 15, 2012 / 3:22 pm

I LOVE that skirt, it's so cute! I usually have the opposite problem, skirts look too long on me. Also, love those sandals.xo, Yi-chiaAlways Maylee

6. TheTinyHeart
    June 15, 2012 / 3:34 pm

The skirt is just adorable on you (even if it's a little too short for your liking). I love how you paired it with the mint accessories! Have a great weekend, Lilly!-SharonThe Tiny Heart

June 15, 2012 / 4:06 pm

Ugh, it's always heatbreaking when a piece you love just.doesn't.work.Still love the look though!Lindsay @LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

8. Jeanette
    June 15, 2012 / 5:34 pm

I mostly lurk, but love reading your blog. What about adding some 2" trim to the bottom of your skit. Maybe some lace or something else creative so you can save it. 🙂

June 16, 2012 / 1:46 am

That might be something I might try. It would be worth it 🙂

• kirsti
      June 16, 2012 / 8:19 am

I was totally going to suggest adding something to the bottom…. More fabric, lace, or eyelet or something…. You can test it out by Taping it to the skirt before sewing it on!

9. Jackie Welling
    June 15, 2012 / 5:58 pm

I'm so sad you don't love this skirt! In the photos it looks darling. I agree with the above comment though, a neon color added to the bottom would look amazing!!! But I just want to say I just love that you're modest, it's classy!Little J Style

June 16, 2012 / 1:46 am

Thank you 🙂 I still love it but do wish it was "the" perfect length (I might be asking much lol)

June 15, 2012 / 6:37 pm

I think you look adorable in it anyway! But I hate having regrets after shopping. It's such a sad feeling!

11. Bree
    June 15, 2012 / 6:55 pm

It looks great here! But I know just what you mean…as a tall girl, things are always too short for me. Happy Weekend. Cheers,BreeDream in Fashion

June 15, 2012 / 8:19 pm

What about stiching a white eyelit ruffle under the hem? That would look so cute!!! and give you the two inches 🙂

June 16, 2012 / 1:28 am

That's a good idea, worth a try 🙂

• Candi
      June 19, 2012 / 12:32 am

Agree, stitch something to the bottom to lengthen it & then wear away!! 🙂

13. xoxo erin estella
    June 15, 2012 / 8:52 pm

what an adorable outfit and overall blog you have! so unique and interesting! i love it already!-erin @ erinestellacall.blogspot.com

14. A J
    June 15, 2012 / 10:57 pm

Would it fit if you wore it a little lower on your hips? Looks like you might have a little wiggle room and it might make it feel a tad longer? The pictures are deceiving because it looks like the perfect length. I love the pink with it! -AJFitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

June 16, 2012 / 1:27 am

I was pulling it down the whole day lol. It's size Medium (I think it's meant to sit on the waist) so the size helped a bit with the length.

15. Carly
    June 15, 2012 / 11:38 pm

it is curious as it really doesn't look too short in the photos..but as I tell all my clients, you have to be comfortable:)Loving those flat sandals….they are FAB!C

June 16, 2012 / 1:26 am

I kept looking at the pictures thinking the same thing. Love the skirt but you're right, one needs to feel completely comfortable 🙂

16. Lea Frazier
    June 15, 2012 / 11:39 pm

I have that same issue with skirt length and always end up back with pencil skirts! Funny you mention about the "shop my closet" because I want to do that too. Leahttp://highheeledstyle.com

June 16, 2012 / 1:25 am

I think pencil skirts will always be my favorite style of skirts 🙂

June 16, 2012 / 12:18 am

Too bad the skirt isn't working for you because this outfit is adorable. I love the mint and pink with it!

18. Kacie
    June 16, 2012 / 2:03 am

I love how the skirt dresses up the simple top! And I think the length looks great on you :)www.daisyraeboutiuqe.comwww.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

19. Samantha
    June 16, 2012 / 4:02 am

Awe! 🙁 It looks really cute and not too short! But you won't wear it if you aren't comfortable!xo, sam

20. Audrey @ Putting Me Together
    June 16, 2012 / 6:01 am

Aww, that's a bummer. I know exactly what you mean, though. I tried that skirt on and wanted it to be a couple of inches longer too! It's just so dang cute!

21. Schnelle
    June 16, 2012 / 1:32 pm

Ohhh that stinks because it's SO pretty. It doesn't look that short but I have a dress like that and it's not comfortable to move in it because you fear overexposure.

22. Olga
    June 17, 2012 / 4:13 am

Agreed, you won't wear it if you're not comfortable in it. I just joined ShoeSociety because I HAVE to have those sandles! Love your style!

23. Shaina Tyler
    June 17, 2012 / 10:18 pm

If you need me to take the skirt off your hands, let me know!! 🙂

24. Hanlie
    June 18, 2012 / 5:12 am

You have fabulous legs!! You can totally pull it off! Love your blog!! Just stumbled upon it. Finding so many great ideas! Thanks, keep it up!!

June 18, 2012 / 11:18 pm

A coworker of mine just got all of my "too short, what was I thinking?" skirts and dresses. My mistake was her gain.

June 27, 2012 / 1:53 am

I love this. I can understand you feeling uncomfortable. But I think you look great in this skirt. It's pretty and looks great with the pink and blue.