1 skirt 8 different ways

A few of you asked how I would style this chevron skirt from Target. Here are some different, every day looks. I think a lot more can be worn with it. As I mentioned yesterday, the only down fall of this skirt is the material. It sticks to your body, therefore, a slip is necessary. Or if you know how to sew, adding a permanent slip would be the best option.

Picture 1 and 2 are same outfit, just the bag is worn differently.

Denim Shirt: Target (old)(similar-20% off w/ code “2SSYAN) //  Striped Top: F21 (similar here)

The great thing about this skirt is, you can wear it with boots, pumps, flats and sandals.

Blazer 1: Lauren Conrad via Kohl’s (old) (nice option here)

Navy blazer: Marshalls (old) (similar here)

White Blazer: Marshalls (recent) (similar option)

Riding boots: Tory Burch // Suede boots: SoleSociety (last day of BOGO free)

Chain Necklace: t+j Designs c/o // Chunky necklace: BaubleBar (will be included in upcoming giveaway)

You can always wear a scarf instead of a necklace

Necklace: BaubleBar (no longer available)

Scarf: H&M (old)

What do you ladies think? Which look is your favorite?

Share:

1. Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To}
    January 6, 2013 / 10:11 pm

My favorite is definitely the choice with the belted cardigan and statement necklace. SO cute!

2. Jamey and Jack's Mommy
    January 6, 2013 / 10:11 pm

I went to Target today and saw the skirt, but like you said it's way too thin. Why would they do that to such a beautiful skirt? I tried to look for that polka dot shirt you posted and the people at Target said they have never seen it. 🙁

3. A J
    January 6, 2013 / 10:14 pm

I love this post! I hope you can sew a slip into it, it does look really sheer. I think the last 2 looks are my favorites.-AJFitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

4. Miss Monica
    January 6, 2013 / 10:19 pm

I came across you blog a couple weeks ago. I love the outfits. My favorite is about the belted cardigan and my second would be the 1st one with the blazer.

5. Carolines Day
    January 6, 2013 / 10:40 pm

When you face booked this, I immediately thought "chambray" shirt, so that's my favorite look. I also would consider pairing it with a cable knit navy or cream sweater with boots, and I can't wait to style it for summer too. Ordered, and thanks for sharing this. Love your new FB page!

6. Ellie Delancey
    January 6, 2013 / 10:44 pm

I love the last look with the infinity scarf and white button down. Classic, but with a slight twist. I'm on a January "no-buy", but am considering breaking it (slightly!) for this skirt. I just love chevron, even though the skirt does look really thin.

7. Brittney Davis
    January 6, 2013 / 10:49 pm

I LOVE this skirt! I really love it with the denim shirt, and with the button-down and cardigan!I am going to have to pick this up next time I'm at Target!oneand20.blogspot.com

January 6, 2013 / 11:04 pm

Love it Lilly! You are really creative at styling. I love each look! I can't wait to see you wear it!

9. Samantha
    January 6, 2013 / 11:11 pm

Where is your dress form from?!

January 6, 2013 / 11:36 pm

Home Goods.

10. Sarah
    January 7, 2013 / 12:07 am

Nice! I'm surprised that you can get so many outfits from one skirt! Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂

11. Rachel Lynne
    January 7, 2013 / 12:25 am

CUTE! Amazing, amazing amazing 🙂

12. Mary Jane
    January 7, 2013 / 12:50 am

Kirkland's has a sick sequined dress form.

13. Heather Carson
    January 7, 2013 / 12:51 am

LOVE the look with the belted cardi & boots!cute!xo – heatherThis Life Is Yours Blog

14. Donik Lamb
    January 7, 2013 / 12:56 am

I am glad I am not the only one with a mannequin at home LOL but these days my son prefers to push her through the upstairs….

15. still being [molly]
    January 7, 2013 / 1:03 am

such adorable outfits, lilly. i LOVE that skirt!

16. Mandy
    January 7, 2013 / 2:13 am

My favorite is the belted cardigan with the boots!! Just love all these looks… You make the skirt definitely worth the money!!

17. Happiness at Mid LIfe
    January 7, 2013 / 2:26 am

The blue stripe top is such a fun option. My favorite would be the belted cardi.Alicewww.happinesstamidlife.com

18. Alissa
    January 7, 2013 / 3:51 am

These are all super great ideas! I love that you just showed us how you would wear them and we can gather inspiration from it!

19. Petite Therapy
    January 7, 2013 / 4:58 am

Very cute parings! It looks like you can't go wrong with orange + white or blue.

20. Pam
    January 7, 2013 / 5:09 am

Wow…I love every outfits and you made me want to buy this skirt :)Smile On:)…Classy Pamhttp://classypam.blogspot.com

21. Heather
    January 7, 2013 / 5:18 am

All of these looks are so cute. Especially the one with the medium blue striped top. Love.Also, I think it's about time for me to get a dress form. What a great idea.Heatherhttp://polkadotsleopardspots85.blogspot.com/

22. Debora
    January 7, 2013 / 9:34 am

Absolutely love the one with the fitted white blazer that I think would add femininity to every outfit. I would of loved to seen you styling these clothes! Thanks for the visit :-)www.expressionthrustyle.com

January 7, 2013 / 1:22 pm

Wow! I love the way you did this post. Did you get a manequin form thingy (what exactly is it called)? That is such a terrific idea. My favorites are all the ones with the chambray and then the one with the cream sweater, gold chain link necklace and boots. I do love them all tho!XO, Ginahttp://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

24. Pia J
    January 7, 2013 / 6:20 pm

Great ideas! I think the last one is my favourite. Thanks for sharing.pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

25. Gretchen
    January 7, 2013 / 7:12 pm

I love posts like this! This skirt is adorable but I never would have been able to style it 8 different ways (I would have been happy with 3!) Thanks for the great inspiration- I've got the skirt and now a few ideas to go with it!

26. Milana - TastyPrettyThings
    January 7, 2013 / 7:14 pm

Love these looks, Lily! You did a great job – very inspiring 🙂

27. Roki-blog
    January 7, 2013 / 8:23 pm

Super blog !Jette un coup d'oeil a mon blog, il est nouveau, besoin d'avisA bientot :)http://roki-blog.blogspot.fr/

28. Always Maylee
    January 7, 2013 / 9:04 pm

Who knew a chevron skirt in a bold color could be so versatile. Love all the outfits you put together! xo, Yi-chiaAlways Maylee

January 7, 2013 / 9:47 pm

AAHHH!! I'm in love. You have such a creative style. You could make this a regular on the blog. Feature an article of clothing and create new ways to style it.

30. Kacie
    January 7, 2013 / 11:50 pm

I need that skirt!www.kacieskloset.blogspot.comwww.daisyraeboutique.com

31. JillM35
    January 8, 2013 / 12:33 am

Love look #7. Very very cute. Liking #3 also but don't think I have enough guts or cool points to get away with it lol.Love the blog and your style 🙂

January 8, 2013 / 5:45 pm

I love #7 w/ the riding boots and sweater

33. Cat Williams
    January 13, 2013 / 9:38 pm

wow I love how you paired this skirt with some basic staples. great blog im loving it!!www.smalltownchic47.blogspot.comxoxo, Cat (Small Town Chic Blog)

January 18, 2013 / 12:25 am

What a great idea~ I think you should do this more often. I love your outfits but sometimes have one piece but not the other (or can't find it) so this would give me more options!