Winter Brights

During cold winter months we tend to gravitate toward darker colors. But dark gets old quickly. A great way to brighten up your day – Winter Brights. Have I always  been brave enough to wear them? No. Are there rules about wearing light colors during cold months? Hah, rules!! So 90’s!  If it makes you feel good – rock it girls!

Pants//Sweater//Coat-take addl 40% off w/code “GET40″//Boots//Bag//Sunnies

I’m planning on rocking this look sometime next week! Thought I’d created it before I forget about it. I caved in and ordered this coat from J.Crew – sale on top of sale – kindaaaa hard to pass.  Excited to brighten up my winter with this pink coat. When it’s not below 0. In that case, I’ll be rocking my down coat!

Do you wear light colors during winter months?

Share:

1. Kate H
    January 25, 2013 / 3:26 pm

I usually wear darker colors during winter. But you are right, your mood changes when you wear something lighter once in a while. Good idea!charmemodeblog.blogspot.com

2. Laurie
    January 25, 2013 / 3:44 pm

I can't wait to see you in that coat! Make sure to post that on the blog, stat! 😉

3. Samantha Horseman
    January 25, 2013 / 3:46 pm

Yeah! Wearing my yellow bubble necklace today 🙂 Love the pink j.crew coat. Gotta make the grey days a little brighter!XO Samanthahttp://designerinteal.blogspot.com

4. Siena in Style
    January 25, 2013 / 3:55 pm

I love it!im getting bored of black outfits all over:)kisses from milanohttp://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

5. Lynette Marie
    January 25, 2013 / 3:58 pm

I've got a sweater that's close to the color of that coat and I can't stop wearing it this winter! Bright colors are very necessary in the frozen tundra of Michigan during the winter. 🙂

January 25, 2013 / 4:26 pm

I hear ya, I'm tired of burgundy, emerald and all darks as of right now. Sunshine…please?LindsayLindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

7. Agnes Mayer
    January 25, 2013 / 5:04 pm

LOve the outfit and yes I too can't wait for the sun and warmth.Agi:)vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

January 25, 2013 / 5:54 pm

Great outfit! I love this coat. Very good purchase:-) Looks like we are thinking along the same lines as far as brightening up to help endure the deep freeze. Have a fabulous weekend, Lilly:-)XO, Ginahttp://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

January 25, 2013 / 6:05 pm

I love your style Lilly! Great sale promoter!

10. Schnelle
    January 25, 2013 / 6:12 pm

I love the color of that coat, perfect winter bright!

11. Chelsea
    January 25, 2013 / 6:13 pm

I love this coat! A always purchase neutral winter wear but I like the idea of risking a little with color.xoxo,Chelsea & The City

12. Heather
    January 25, 2013 / 7:30 pm

I couldn't agree more about "rules". Who needs them?LOVE that winter coat. That pink is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see a post with you wearing it! :-)Heatherhttp://polkadotsleopardspots85.blogspot.com/

13. Suzanne S.
    January 25, 2013 / 8:24 pm

Love this look! Especially the pink coat, it is a eyecatcher :)xoxoSuzannewww.writtenbysuzanne.com

14. Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos
    January 25, 2013 / 9:17 pm

I'm laughing at how often we pick the same sale picks! That coat has been in my online cart along with the Panama hat for a couple weeks… I just haven't pulled the trigger yet!Sequins&Stilettos

January 27, 2013 / 6:24 pm

Great minds think alike 😉 I've been eyeing this coat for so long and after the addl 40% off I couldn't resist.

15. Angela
    January 25, 2013 / 11:29 pm

The coat is sold out in my size. I got my hopes up. Method Clothe

January 27, 2013 / 6:29 pm

That's not cool! Couple of days before I purchased mine they had it in every single size. Must have been the addl 40% off that did it.

16. aka Bailey
    January 25, 2013 / 11:44 pm

Beautiful orchid colored jacket! Reminds me of a new nail polish I just bought the other day :)xoxoBaileyhttp://akabailey.blogspot.com

17. Debora
    January 25, 2013 / 11:48 pm

Love this outfit! I'm sure that it will brighten up your winter day.www.expressionthrustyle.com

18. Heidi Harlequin
    January 26, 2013 / 4:13 am

I am new to your blog and I'm so glad I found it! I invite you to check mine out! I hope you have a great weekend! =)-Heidi Harlequinwww.20stampslater.blogspot.com

19. A J
    January 26, 2013 / 1:08 pm

Great outfit, can't wait to see it on you! That coat is beautiful!! I've realized I need a birhgt winter coat, all of mine are black and grey. -AJFitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

January 26, 2013 / 11:07 pm

I wear all colors all times of the year! That coat is stunning! I love a pop of pink.Christine In Color

21. fashionforbeauty
    January 27, 2013 / 1:05 pm

I wish we have winter season here! :p i love wearing winter clothes! :)http://beautifulandrebellious.blogspot.com/?m=1

22. Kinsley
    January 27, 2013 / 2:49 pm

I really love the outfits you put together..very similar to my style! I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago and wanted to make sure you got it 🙂

January 27, 2013 / 6:27 pm

Thank you 🙂 Yes I did get it but I wish I was that caught up in replying to everyone :/ I should be emailing you back sometime this week.

23. Kristina
    January 27, 2013 / 5:46 pm

I love that pink coat!!KristinaKristina does the Internets