Maxi + chambray

Chambray Top: H&M (old) (similar herehere, here)

Tank: Target – currently on sale (best tanks)

Skirt: Macy’s (old) (similar here, here, here – on sale) (need this one)

Sandals: Cole Haan (old) (other fab options here, here, love these)

Bag: old (other pastel options – here, here)

Necklace: ? (old)

Watch: t+j Designs c/o

Bracelet: J.Crew (similar here)

I absolutely love maxi skirts, and I though I had more than two but turns out – No I don’t!

I remembered one that my sweet lovely-forgets-to-return-borrowed-clothes sister borrowed last year,  I’m pretty sure.

So I’m on a quest to find more maxi skirts. They’re just a must!

For those of you who have been reading my blog I’m sure you remember the bag above I got last year. I just had to have it. And this is the first time I’m wearing it this year, even though I love it. It’s just another neglected item in my closet. Sad, I know.

It might need a new more loving home.

Happy Hump Day!

xox

1. Alissa
    August 7, 2013 / 12:59 pm

Maxi skirts like this make my large legs look even larger. However, that has never stopped me from trying them on. I love how crazy good it looks on you Lily!

2. Luba Lovely
    August 7, 2013 / 1:21 pm

Love me a maxi skirt or dress! Especially now while preggo! Looking gorgeous lady!Lubawww.lubalovely.com

3. Four Seasons Style
    August 7, 2013 / 1:24 pm

Beautiful, Lilly πŸ™‚ I have many maxi skirts, too and agree that they are a must. Between the maxi skirts and dresses they dominate my closet! Only wish that I had more of the year I could wear them – Cincinnati's weather only works for them about 1/2 the year!XOJessywww.FourSeasonsStyle.blogspot.com

August 7, 2013 / 1:36 pm

Yay to maxi skirts! I could not survive summer without them, this is very cute! Love the outfit so chic yet comfy for the seaon.Cee. β™₯Code Overdressed

5. LS
    August 7, 2013 / 1:37 pm

This is lovely Lilly, so comfy looking yet really polished. I would love to look this well put together in a maxi!

6. Jessie Marlowe
    August 7, 2013 / 2:07 pm

I love the chambray and maxi look! My chambray top probably gets more use than any other item I own!XOXO Jesswww.fashionlifeofmarlowe.blogspot.com

7. Megan Maddison
    August 7, 2013 / 3:07 pm

Love the maxi skirt and that bag! Great outfit :)Meganbudgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

8. Adrienne Scott-Trask
    August 7, 2013 / 3:27 pm

Great combo!!So casual and stylish…I love it!-Adrienne. xoCitizen of the WorldCitizen of the World

August 7, 2013 / 4:17 pm

One of my favorites from this Summer Lilly, that maxi and chambray looks perfect together!

10. Ella Pretty Blog
    August 7, 2013 / 4:32 pm

Love maxi skirts and dresses, especially with navy stripes! Still haven't found the perfect one for myself though :-(I know the feeling you have about your bag – I'm trying to be very picky about what bags I buy as I want to make sure I use what I have!

August 8, 2013 / 12:21 am

Surprisingly they seem hard to find. I've been looking to add a couple more to my closet. Hopefully we'll find THE ones soon πŸ™‚

• Rachael Spero
      August 8, 2013 / 7:08 pm

Go to H&M they have great Maxi skirts. Also go on likeacoupon they have a 20% off coupon now.

11. Chelsea
    August 7, 2013 / 5:29 pm

This is such a great combo Lilly and I love that the maxi skirt flares a little at the bottom. Such a fun detail!xoxo,Chelsea & The City

12. kateprs
    August 7, 2013 / 5:38 pm

That is a fabulous bag! I can't believe you have been neglecting it! I wanted to get more maxi skirts this summer, but all I could find were hi-lo's… until I went to H&M. Thanks goodness for H&M :)Kate @ A Journey in Style

13. Alicia Fitzpatrick
    August 7, 2013 / 6:52 pm

Perfect service outfit! Always a fan. πŸ™‚

August 7, 2013 / 7:06 pm

I love outfit, Lilly! And I was just thinking how cool that bag is, and that I'd never seen it. beautiful pics!XO,Ginahttp://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

15. Lady of Style
    August 7, 2013 / 7:06 pm

Oh that looks darling! So casual yet chic.Annette | Lady of Style

August 7, 2013 / 7:42 pm

Adorable!xoxo-Kate Styled Prettykatestyledpretty.com

17. Kristina
    August 7, 2013 / 8:14 pm

That skirt is so cute, I love that it's a fishtail shape.Kristina does the Internets

18. Rachel Lynne
    August 7, 2013 / 8:31 pm

So cute! Perfect right now! I love wearing a maxi + chambray together!

19. Lisa - respect the shoes
    August 8, 2013 / 1:06 am

The skirt is super-flattering on you. Love the flow of it!

20. Donik Lamb
    August 8, 2013 / 2:17 am

I need a maxi skirt – whenever I try one on it looks "wrong" so I am still on the hunt for the right one….

21. Carly Walko
    August 8, 2013 / 11:04 am

love love love the look. Super casual chic. You have that look NAILED lady.Great bag too…the tricolor is way cool.Hope you are having a great week lady!C

22. gmayer
    August 8, 2013 / 4:35 pm

I love, love, love maxi skirts!!!!! Actually maxi dresses as well. We are on vacation and I brought 4 maxi dresses and one maxi skirt with me. They are so comfortable, like wearing pj's but they are far more fashionable. Love your look today Lilly.Agi:)vodkainfusedlemonade.com

23. Maria@TheBrooklynFig
    August 8, 2013 / 4:50 pm

Absolutely love this look- or really any look with chambray! Maxi skirts and dresses are typically too long for me so I need to make sure I absolutely love it because I'll have to spend more money altering it. I saw a great one at J Crew today that resembled yours but didnt even think to pair with chambray…back in the car I go LOL

August 8, 2013 / 6:36 pm

Absolutely love how u paired the chambray with the striped maxi skirt, effortless chic :)www.speakstyleandrock.com

25. Katie P
    August 8, 2013 / 6:58 pm

Great look and fab bag! It could have a new loving home with me. πŸ™‚

26. still being [molly]
    August 8, 2013 / 9:14 pm

SO cute, lilly!! i have a skirt just like that! i need to try this outfit out!

27. Brynn
    August 8, 2013 / 10:23 pm

This is really, really cute! I was just lamenting on my blog yesterday about how hard it is for me to style a maxi skirt. I just pinned your look to my outfit inspiration board so I can recreate my own version of this look!!brynnash.blogspot.com

28. sarahlindsey
    August 9, 2013 / 2:13 pm

so cute! I wear the same, black maxi skirt all the time. It def doesn't look this good on me though, makes my hips look gross :/ but I wear it anyway! also, that bag is fabulous. my closet can give it a loving home ;)-Sarahanti-stickfigure.blogspot.com

29. Eden Simpson
    August 10, 2013 / 11:33 pm

love this outfit!check out my new style blog styleandbeautyforless.blogspot.co.uk

30. FitTravelerAJ
    August 12, 2013 / 12:01 am

You should do a post on some fantastic maxi skirt options! I have only 1 and it was a DIY project. I love it, but I'm always lost on how to wear it. I love maxi dresses though!-AJFitTravelerAJ.com