put a bow on it

Shirt: H&M (old) (similar herehere here, here)

Skirt: Banana Republic (old) (great options here, here, here, so cute)

Flats: Sole Society (similar herehere)

Belt: F21 (similar here, here)

Bag: Target (old) (other cute options here, here, here)

Necklace: Jcp (love this one) (nice option)

Watch: Fossil (similar)

If you have been following my blog for a while you might know how much I love chambray shirts. They go with everything and I feel like I have worn them with everything by now – shorts, maxi skirts, pencil skirt, a-line skirts, denim on denim, skinny pants/jeans.  Really, the options are endless.

Are you a chambray/denim shirt fan?  If so, what is your favorite way of wearing them?

xo

1. Aracely @ Mama Fashion Files
    August 19, 2013 / 1:14 pm

Great look and yes I love a chambray shirt! I have a few and I love wearing mine with a pencil skirt. I think I want to try wearing it with some faux leather pants once the weather gets a bit cooler.

August 19, 2013 / 8:32 pm

oh it would look amazing with faux leather pants!

2. pretty little things
    August 19, 2013 / 1:57 pm

love this look — so cute and lady like! and loving those flats too! xohttp://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com

3. Alissa
    August 19, 2013 / 2:29 pm

I am obsessed with that skirt!

August 19, 2013 / 2:47 pm

That skirt is adorable! Love everything about it, the length, the pleats, the texture, plus you styled it so perfectly!Cee. ♥Code Overdressed

5. Dana
    August 19, 2013 / 3:37 pm

loving those studded flats. so pretty!The Casual Classic

6. Jenni
    August 19, 2013 / 4:18 pm

I love a great chambray top…I have one I picked up at J Crew Factory last year and it is a great staple! Love your cute look! =)Jenniwww.foundinmycloset.blogspot.com

7. Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos
    August 19, 2013 / 4:26 pm

The texture of your skirt is gorgeous! It's lovely with your chambray top. 🙂

8. Chelsea
    August 19, 2013 / 4:30 pm

I have a major chambray addiction problem too! I think they go with EVERYTHING. Loving this ladylike skirt on you Lilly, you look gorgeous.xoxo,Chelsea & The City

August 19, 2013 / 5:38 pm

A chambray shirt is top priority for me come Fall. It's on my list! You look so pretty! Love this look

10. Meghan Ouellette
    August 19, 2013 / 5:52 pm

I've been looking for a black skater skirt for this exact outfit! I love it all esp with that necklace!MegPolkaDots & Lace

11. Lisa - respect the shoes
    August 19, 2013 / 11:25 pm

Those flats are fab!

12. Miss Jeani
    August 20, 2013 / 3:44 am

Your accessories are on point! What is it about bows that just make everything better?

13. Jessie Marlowe
    August 20, 2013 / 1:57 pm

That skirt is fabulous…and chambray tops seem to go with everything!XOXO Jesswww.fashionlifeofmarlowe.blogspot.com

14. KatieLouise
    August 20, 2013 / 3:30 pm

Your skirt is amazing! I've never seen one like that but it really is beautiful! And I love the bow on your belt. What a great outfit 😀 I actually don't own a denim shirt but It's been hard to find the perfect one for my closet… one day haha ;]Hope your having an lovely week so far!

15. Mademoizelle Eloïse
    August 20, 2013 / 6:34 pm

such a great outfit! 🙂 love your skirt it's really pretty with those flat shoes xoxohttp://mademoizelle-eloise.blogspot.be/

16. Shannon Kerns
    August 20, 2013 / 7:46 pm

I swear I wear my denim shirt at least once a week. Check out my last post, "Blue On Black." I love your style and blog. Keep it up!http://brasshoney.blogspot.com

17. Sarah @ Comfort and Joy
    August 20, 2013 / 8:52 pm

I picked up a chambray shirt for $9 on clearance. Serious score! So far I've been pairing it with an indigo denim pencil skirt and doing the denim-on-denim thing. 🙂 I think I'm going to start mixing it up soon though, and start wearing it with my maxi skirts and then faux-leather leggings when the weather gets cooler.

18. nancy @ adore to adorn
    August 20, 2013 / 9:02 pm

I enjoy chambray shirts still too! It's such a classic piece to own now! Cute skirt! Love the details!xo,nancy

19. Abby
    August 21, 2013 / 2:28 am

Love how you styled this chambray top! So feminine yet chic :)AbbyLife in the Fash Lane

20. Cassandra Too
    August 21, 2013 / 2:45 pm

The detail on the skirt look so classy! Love this outfit, very chic.Google + / Twitter / Bloglovincassandra xxhttp://backtofive.blogspot.com

21. www.PrincessMartha.com
    August 21, 2013 / 8:38 pm

Yes to this whole look!!I love the skirt…so feminine and of course, that bow makes it look extra sweet.Fabulous shoes too!!XOXO

22. Alicia Mackin
    August 21, 2013 / 10:10 pm

Oh yes I have a shirt like this. Ha ha I tried tucking it in to a skirt with an elastic waist. That soooo did not work. Guess I have to get some new skirts. I love this look.Ali ofDressing Ken

23. Beauty
    August 22, 2013 / 1:54 am

This is such a pretty outfit and that skirt is lovely…

24. Just Another Shopaholic
    August 22, 2013 / 2:59 am

This outfit is so lovely.

25. Am2Pm Chic
    August 22, 2013 / 8:32 am

You look SO chic.xoxoChristyhttp://www.am2pmchic.com/

August 22, 2013 / 8:44 am

Such a fan of chambray or denim shirts! I love yours with the pleated skirt.xoAmywww.dreamingincashmere.com

27. FitTravelerAJ
    August 22, 2013 / 8:54 pm

I love the texture of that skirt! And I am in the market for "the perfect chambray shirt" I have one from Old Navy but it feels more like a casual camp shirt than a chambray. I want one that has a little more weight and structure to it.-AJFitTravelerAJ.com