Blazer: J.Crew old (similar, other nice options here, herehere)  /  Sweater: H&M  (love this one)  /Jeans: Joe’s Jeans – on sale! / Boots: Nordstrom – on sale (other two options here and here $$$)  /  Bag: Rebecca Minkoff – almost exact color on sale /  Necklace: BaubleBar  /  Watch – Kate Spade

Hope all of you had a great weekend!

There was a time I used to wear blazer a lot more than I have been this year.  It was my go-to look…jeans-tee-blazer-combo.  Blazers pull the entire look together and they just make the outfit look a lot more polished.

And for some reason finding a good, nicely fitted blazer is not as easy as it seems.  When I saw this one I fell in love with the color and the fabric (it looks better in person than online, it gets great reviews). I tried it on and started laughing. It looked hilarious one me for some reason.  I want to give it another shot just because it’s is a really nice blazer and it might have been one of those days where everything just fit wrong. Or I might have had the wrong outfit on (or at least that’s what I keep trying to tell myself and forget that I looked like a boy in it).

Are there any particular stores you like to shop at for blazers?

xo

1. Bogi RedReticule
    November 3, 2014 / 12:56 pm

I adore your red blazer! Perfect effortless, chic look!Red Reticule

2. SydneysFashionDiary.com
    November 3, 2014 / 1:49 pm

Love the photo background, Lily! Your outfit is lovely as always. Have a great week ahead!

3. Christina Storm
    November 3, 2014 / 2:50 pm

I love that red blazer!The Style Storm<3, Christina

4. Liz | Shopping My Closet
    November 3, 2014 / 5:19 pm

Love your bright blazer!Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

5. Adrienne Scott-Trask
    November 3, 2014 / 6:04 pm

Love those boots!!Amazing outfit!-Adrienne. xoCitizen of the WorldCitizen of the WorldCheck out my new online boutique!!Wanderlust Boutique

6. Elizabeth Parker
    November 3, 2014 / 6:15 pm

Love this. Those over the knee boots are amazing and I love the pop of color with the blazer! You're always so classy looking.-Bheelshandbagsandhormones.blogspot.com

7. andrea
    November 3, 2014 / 6:52 pm

I love how the J. Crew Schoolboy looks go great on everyone…but me! For some reason they just fit so boxy on me. I need to order the petite version and see if that helps! Most of my blazers are from H&M…they tend to fit a little more cropped and petite so I don't look like I'm swimming in them.xoxo,Andreawww.andreaeveryday.com

8. Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos
    November 3, 2014 / 6:55 pm

I don't think I will ever get tired of that fire red shade. It's stunning on you!Sequins&Stilettos

9. Wishes & Reality
    November 3, 2014 / 7:05 pm

I love this orange-red shade on you!Heidi D.www.wishesandreality.com

10. Diana
    November 3, 2014 / 10:07 pm

Lovely blazer!!xoxo, Dianawww.TheNeonFactor.com

11. Taramixandmatch
    November 3, 2014 / 11:02 pm

In love with the color of your blazer!

12. Kristina
    November 3, 2014 / 11:02 pm

I love this blazer, the color is so pretty!Kristina does the Internets

November 3, 2014 / 11:41 pm

I agree Lilly! I wore blazers often a few years ago, even last year actually. This time however, I'm not such a fan. I do think it's extremely hard to find one that fits just right. Most are either too loose or too tight on my arms, and often too short or too long! It's frustrating! You look great though! Love red on you 🙂

14. Agnes Mayer
    November 4, 2014 / 8:33 pm

The Gap and J Crew have amazing blazers!!!!! I love your outfit. I just bought the same sweater from J Crew and will be pairing it with a red blazer and similar necklace. Thanks for the inspiration.Agi:)vodkainfusedlemonade.com

15. OccasionallyAJ
    November 9, 2014 / 12:09 am

I was just thinking the same thing the other day…I hadn't worn a blazer in forever. But I wore one on Thursday and Friday! I wish I had legs like yours to rock those OTK boots!-AJ