Forever 21 finds – mind blown

Hello ladies!

Hope all of you had a fantastic weekend.

Today I posted a picture on Instagram of a coat I purchased at F21. I loved it the minute I saw it but each time I tried to wear it, I just didn’t look right on me. So I decide to return it.

Even though I can’t say that I’ve always shopped at ton at Forever 21 (they always had something fabulous), I’ve been blown away with most of their stuff lately. And I’m not even exaggerating.

What has changed I wonder? Anyone knows?  Even the quality seems a lot better on many pieces.

Anyways, I wanted to share a few things I picked up but also share some that I wish came home with me.

Coats and Sweaters:

1*  /  2  /  3  /  4  /  5  /  6  /  7  /  8

Tartan/Plaid shirts and blouses:

1  /  2  /  3  /  4  /  5  /  6  /  7  / 8

*I got size Medium for reference. Small was a bit tight in shoulders. For layering and just sweaters in general Medium felt better.

The quality of this coat really surprised me.  My husband, who is not much a F21 fan, was surprised that the coat is from F21.  Mind blown! haha

Coat / Sweater  –  this sweater is very similar to the BR one I posted on FB yesterday (different color). The BR sweater still feels a lot nicer and softer (it is 40% off until 11/11)  –  Flats (similar on sale)

Shirt

Have you picked up anything amazing from F21 lately?

Share:

1. Just Another Shopaholic
    November 11, 2014 / 1:48 am

Love the window pane shirt!!

November 12, 2014 / 4:19 am

It's super cute and the length is perfect 🙂

2. Kristel
    November 11, 2014 / 2:33 am

I believe they are trying very hard to compete with H&M, thus why the quality and style is getting better. One thing I don't like is those awful looking pink dressing rooms…why would they choose that color, I have no idea :/. I picked up the plaid shirt weeks ago, and love wearing it with leggings, has even held up pretty well in the washer.

November 11, 2014 / 2:46 am

That makes sense. I agree on the dressing rooms…between the wall color and the light it's not very flattering. The shirt is fab, perfect length. Good to know it will survive in the washer 🙂

3. Alicia
    November 11, 2014 / 3:35 am

I've been avoiding F21 for a few years now, but these picks are amazing and I'm glad to hear that the quality is pretty good! Definitely have a few of these in my shopping cart :)xo, AliciaAliciaTenise.com

November 12, 2014 / 4:19 am

For me it was a hit or miss, but mostly miss until now. 🙂

4. Wishes & Reality
    November 11, 2014 / 4:11 am

Oh my gosh, F21 has been totally blowing my mind lately too! The faux fur I work on my blog today is from them and its amazing. I've also been living in F21 booties and have scored everything from dresses to sweatshirts lately that are both unique and decent quality.Heidi D.www.wishesandreality.com

November 11, 2014 / 2:36 pm

Yes, there is so much amazing stuff. I looked at a pair of booties and they looked so nice, didn't feel cheap at all. I need to catch up on my blog reading. Headed to your blog….

5. Ana B
    November 11, 2014 / 4:42 am

I am guilty of buying a lot of forever 21 pieces. For someone who is on a budget, but doesn't want to skip out on the latest trends, it's kind of a must! <3- Ana B LoveAnaB.com 🙂

November 12, 2014 / 4:18 am

Yes 🙂 I like that they have current trends and also more of classic pieces now.

6. Diana
    November 11, 2014 / 5:29 am

Lovely post, F21 is amazing!!xo,Dianawww.TheNeonFactor.com

November 12, 2014 / 4:19 am

Agree 🙂

7. Taramixandmatch
    November 11, 2014 / 10:57 am

I have seen some amazing coats and sweaters there recently! Great picks!

November 11, 2014 / 2:38 pm

I couldn't believe the amount of nice sweaters they had. And I have a few more coats on my wish list. 🙂

8. Maridel D.
    November 11, 2014 / 11:19 am

I love the camel toggle coat! If you didn't plan on wearing bulky sweaters/pieces underneath, would you have gotten a small instead?

November 11, 2014 / 2:31 pm

I actually did at first because I couldn't find a Meduim. But then on my way out saw M and exchanged it. The small fits almost as XS…it felt slightly constricted in the shoulder area. I'd say if you're a small usually, size up and if you're XS get the small. I compared the to my J.Crew pink coat which is size 0 and it fits pretty much the same. Hope this helps 🙂

9. SydneysFashionDiary.com
    November 11, 2014 / 1:04 pm

I've heard somewhere that F21 has a new creative director. That may explain why you've seen amazing things lately. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to stop by and take a look.

November 12, 2014 / 4:17 am

That explains it! Hope they keep it up.

10. Jennifer
    November 11, 2014 / 1:31 pm

Hi Lilly! I wish someone had told me earlier too but it is anyway NOT anyways. Just thought you'd want to know….I love your blog!!!!!

November 11, 2014 / 2:34 pm

Hehe thanks Jennifer. I blame it on English being my 3rd language (not that people know that). But thanks for letting me know 🙂

11. Diana
    November 11, 2014 / 4:27 pm

Do you know the link to the lilac one? Still love it.

November 11, 2014 / 5:11 pm

Here it is -http://bit.ly/1tmrjCU and it's on sale today only 🙂

12. Sarah
    November 11, 2014 / 8:47 pm

You are so right! Mind blown! These are great finds. I love all of those shirts for work.- Sarah :)www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

November 12, 2014 / 4:20 am

They have so many cute dressier shirt. Love it!

13. andrea
    November 11, 2014 / 10:38 pm

I too have been surprised by the quality and selection this season at F21! I recently ordered a cozy cream paneled sweater and it's amazingly soft…only $17. You just never know with their stuff, and their return policy is such a drag!xoxo,Andreawww.andreaeveryday.com

November 11, 2014 / 10:58 pm

Hope they keep it up. Ugh, hate their return policy. I was going to vent on here about what happened at the store today with their dumb return policy. They need to change it.

14. Jasmin daily
    November 11, 2014 / 10:59 pm

Yes, I have! Been so surprised by their quality lately, their sweaters for Fall are superb! xo, Jasmin http://www.jasmindaily.com

November 12, 2014 / 4:17 am

Yes! I had to basically tell myself I must stop buying sweaters. lol

15. Jessica Salisbury
    November 12, 2014 / 2:30 am

I was just at F21 and I was also impressed with the quality of their handbags. I NEVER would have considered buying one in the past, but now they really look and feel nice.www.wearitforless.com

November 12, 2014 / 4:16 am

Same here. I saw one I liked a ton but kept telling myself I didn't need it (even though there is no such thing when it comes to bag 😉

16. Audrey T.
    November 14, 2014 / 4:56 am

I agree about the quality going up on many pieces. I recently got a dress from there, and it's fully lined and feels like a boutique type of dress in its weight of fabric. And I bought a pair of booties from there that are soooooo comfortable!

17. Teresa Loop
    November 14, 2014 / 3:50 pm

That toggle coat is beyond darling on you!! I've been loving all the chunky cowl neck sweaters at F21 lately as well. I just hope everything holds up in the washer……