to beanie or not to beanie is the question

Fringe Trim Ruana  // Turtleneck old – similar here and here // Bottoms old – similar // Shoes old – similar // Bag old – similar on sale // Watch

I mentioned this ruana a while back and ended up ordering it. Until I made up my mind what color to get, gray sold out (you might know I LOVE anything gray). Can’t really go wrong with any of colors still available.  It’s such a perfect little number to throw over an outfit when you need just a bit of extra warmth (or just for the looks). I think this one will be perfect for Summer months too, for restaurants that keep it way too cold inside, or any overly air conditioned place. Also love this one with the faux fur collar.

This was one of those times when I wished I could have pull off a beanie.  Fact – I can’t pull off a beanie. Sad but true. I think a cute beanie would have given this look an nice twist (plus they save you from a bad hair day).  Like this ladybug one (unless you prefer butterflies) or this bejeweled one  – how cute are they – would have looked so cute. Or one with a pop of color, like this one in pink or this optic dot one. And there are the adorable pom hats. I’m actually every tempted to order this one and just pretend like it looks completely amazing on me.
Or maybe I’ll just stick to floppy hats.

Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post!

December 17, 2014 / 12:56 pm

Beautiful! Love the bag! I bet you'd look good in a beanie, it's all about findng the right one for you! Happy Wednesday Melhttp://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

2. Daily Express
    December 17, 2014 / 2:07 pm

Yet another classy, chic outfit combination, Lilly. I am having a hard time believing you look bad in a beanie (or anything) so I'm going to need pics to believe it. 😉 But I'm glad you didn't wear one here since your hair is perfection in these pics! So much hair envy over here!Gina – On the Daily Express

3. Natali
    December 17, 2014 / 4:16 pm

Very simple and casual outfit but I find it to be very stylish and I like the pop of colour that your bag adds to this look! http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

4. Wishes & Reality
    December 17, 2014 / 4:21 pm

What?! Girl, you could totally rock a beanie, although no reason to…your hair always looks amazing, why cover it up?! 🙂 Hope you are having a great holiday season, Lilly!Heidi D.www.wishesandreality.com

5. Arrows & Apricots
    December 17, 2014 / 4:35 pm

I have that bag in navy and LOVE it!

6. Adrienne Scott-Trask
    December 17, 2014 / 4:59 pm

Gorgeous!Love that bag!Such a fun pop of color!-Adrienne. xoCitizen of the WorldCitizen of the WorldCheck out my new online boutique!!Wanderlust Boutique

7. Kristina
    December 17, 2014 / 6:32 pm

I think you probably just have to find the right beanie! I can't do super tight fitted ones, but thicker beanies or ones where the ends fold up look fine. Just try them all on ;)Kristina does the Internets

8. Liz | Shopping My Closet
    December 17, 2014 / 7:17 pm

I love the drape you have on – make it so much more sophisticated!Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

9. Diana
    December 18, 2014 / 3:34 am

Lovely outfit, you look great!~~~Diana~~~http://www.TheNeonFactor.com

10. CoastWithMe
    December 18, 2014 / 7:34 am

Lilly you look so classy, so elegant, so chic!! That Ruana is just gorgeous! I love it in the blue color too! Too bad they sold out in the grey! I find it hard to believe that you can't pull off a beanie :p! You totally could girl! It's just a matter of finding the right one. Some of them are too long….or not the right fit. But don't write them off just yet….I know you'll find one! 🙂

11. Jessica Salisbury
    December 18, 2014 / 6:11 pm

I can't pull off a beanie either. This look is so cute thought! It reminds me of the Kristin Cavalari airport look. :)www.wearitforless.com

December 18, 2014 / 9:24 pm

I love beanies! I still think I look ridiculous in them, but I love that they cover a bad hair day 😉 You would look great in anything Lilly! I love your look here.

13. OccasionallyAJ
    December 18, 2014 / 9:53 pm

Ugh, I look horrible in beanies too. The sleek black with the touch of camel is seriously perfect.

14. curly