burgundy + gray…and bed search chat

Sweater: old – almost exact style  //  Button down: old – similar herehere // Skirt – on sale (got mine in Tall) // Shoes: c/o Sole Society, also similar here and here // Bag: RM old  – love this one // Watch // Bracelet old – love this option

Happy Wednesday to you all!

This is an outfit from a while back that didn’t turn out quite as planned. Well, the outfit did but the pictures didn’t.  Just one of those times…

Onto a completely different subject now. Home Decor…sort of.  I’m pretty sure all of us love home decor (furniture in this case).

I’m currently in the process of finding an awesome but affordable bed. Turns out finding something nice and affordable is hard, very hard.  I’ve been stalking (feels like stalking) some of the popular home decor/home furniture sites.

I’ve looked at SO many beds, especially over the last few days and always just one thing is missing…if the style is perfect the color is wrong (this style is neat, if it only was lighter). If color is perfect the style is not it. If color and style are perfect the price is not (totally not picky over here).

As of right now this Arch bed is my favorite (the only thing that bugs me about it is that the headboard doesn’t extend all the way down. But our mattress is high enough, it probably wouldn’t be visible).  Second place is probably this one and third one is this Wingback bed.

Which one is your favorite?

January 28, 2015 / 1:02 pm

Love this look and the colorsMelhttp://girlandthepolkadot.com

2. Alissa
    January 28, 2015 / 1:07 pm

This look is SUPER cute Lily!

3. Ashley
    January 28, 2015 / 1:42 pm

So cute!!! Loving this combo.. Xo AshSincerely Miss Ash

4. Diana
    January 28, 2015 / 1:46 pm

Lovely outfit, so classy and chic.~~~Diana~~~http://www.TheNeonFactor.com

5. Amy
    January 28, 2015 / 2:06 pm

Really like the Alina Arch bed!

6. Ellen Ross | Ask Away
    January 28, 2015 / 2:16 pm

I totally agree! I love burgundy and grey!XO Ellen from Ask Awaywww.askawayblog.com

7. Chelsea I.
    January 28, 2015 / 2:38 pm

We just purchased the wingback bed in a dark charcoal for my boyfriend and it is awesome- seriously looks like a super expensive bed and didn't take that long to assemble! Check overstock.com, they have a lot of the skyline beds for really reasonable prices!http://chelseascollection.com

January 29, 2015 / 4:40 pm

My hubby likes wingback too a little more than I do lol

8. Shoegal Out In The World
    January 28, 2015 / 3:03 pm

I love the combination of burgundy & grey in this outfit.As far as the bed issue is concerned, I like the Wingback bed the most. Good luck with your pick!!!Have a lovely day!!!xoxo Violeta, your Shoegal Out In The Worldwww.shoegaloutintheworld.com

9. Carrie
    January 28, 2015 / 4:06 pm

Great outfit. As for the bed, we purchased two fabric headboards in the past few years. I saved money by doing just the headboard. If you are comfortable with a basic bedskirt, I think you can save money that way. Bedskirts can be expensive, but you can find a basic white tailored one at any big box home store for around $40.

January 29, 2015 / 4:41 pm

Bedskirts have crossed my mind, but for some reason I get quickly tired of them (maybe I just never found a good one). Thanks for your suggestion 🙂

10. Kallie @ But First, Coffee
    January 28, 2015 / 4:09 pm

LOVE the colors and those shoes! PERFECT. Finding the right bed is impossible! We're planning to do it soon and I'm already dreading it!

11. Miss Top Ten Image
    January 28, 2015 / 4:24 pm

I just love your lok Lilly! It's perfect for the office but also for a night out if you just change the accessories. And the color combo is great!xoxoPatriciahttp://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

12. Les G.
    January 28, 2015 / 4:59 pm

LOVE THIS!and the shoes (insert heart eyes emoji!)

13. Liz | Shopping My Closet
    January 28, 2015 / 6:24 pm

Love the colors in this outfit!Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

14. Chioma
    January 28, 2015 / 6:26 pm

love this look Lilly! good luck with your bed search :)Chioma C's Evolution of Style

January 28, 2015 / 6:41 pm

Really? I love these pictures Lilly! You always look beautiful. You have such nice lighting and such a great background in your house that it doesn't matter! I wish our condo was the same story, but it's impossible to get even one good picture there! Love the red heels. Sole Society makes the prettiest and most affordable shoes. Good luck on your search!

January 29, 2015 / 4:43 pm

You're so sweet Noelle 🙂 When I practice taking pictures on Zoey they turn out great…but that could be because she's so little and it's more of a closeup.

16. Amy Pyle
    January 28, 2015 / 9:14 pm

Those are all the exact style that I was looking for too, but we couldn't justify the price tag for our king size, so we ended up making our own. There are many great tutorials online and it's really quite easy to do. I had my husband help and it only took us a couple of hours one afternoon. It was my first time using nailhead trim and doing any sort of tufting but ours looks pretty good if I do say so myself! Good luck with your search!

January 29, 2015 / 4:38 pm

Yes, the king sizes are pricey, that's what we need unfortunately. Our current headboard was a DIY, my hubby made it, and I love it. We were thinking about about making another another one and just buying a nice bed frame. Will see 🙂

17. andrea
    January 28, 2015 / 9:27 pm

This is such a cute outfit! I love that you ordered the skirt in tall…it makes a perfect midi skirt and is perfectly proportionate to the rest of your outfit!xoxo,Andreawww.andreaeveryday.com

January 29, 2015 / 6:57 pm

Thank you 🙂 The Factory skirts in Tall work perfect for me. The regular looks shorter than I'd like it to be, especially once I sit, pencil skirts tend to ride up quite a bit.

January 28, 2015 / 10:12 pm

it is so hard to get pics right indoors. Love the burgundy pencil skirt. My favorite is the arch bed as well, I love the shape of the headboard. What type of linens are you thinking of with it? Can't wait to see it all together when it is done:)XO,Ginaclassyeverafterblog.com

January 29, 2015 / 4:58 pm

It really is. The shape is my favorite part. With each of those I'd tweak a few things to make a perfect one, but then I snap back to reality. lol Not sure about linens yet. I definitely have to buy most of the stuff since we're going from queen to king size.

19. Monique Dean
    January 29, 2015 / 12:58 am

I love love love this look! You have the best style Lilly!Cheers, MoniqueCasually Chic by MoniqueFind me at : bloglovin' | instagram

January 29, 2015 / 4:59 pm

You're too sweet Monique, thank you 🙂 xo

20. Cyberlis
    January 29, 2015 / 1:17 am

Burgundy and grey (with a touch of pink) make for a very lovely color combination indeed! Love the look and the colors are great! (I also wish that I could wear high heels again…those shoes are gorgeously cute!) A very sophisticated, yet understated look! I just love it!Lis 🙂

January 29, 2015 / 4:44 pm

Thank you Lis! Oh no, how come you can't wear heels? Our feet are definitely a lot happier with flats 🙂

21. Mrs C
    January 29, 2015 / 8:44 am

Well put together and so well fitted! I love everything about this look.. from head to toe!

22. Jennifer
    January 29, 2015 / 1:28 pm

I love the joss and main 2nd one you posted out of the 3. More classic and a person might tire of the tuffs on the other two? Let us know what you come up with! Did you look at pottery barn? Love your blog. Can you do a post on comfort lounge wear for around the house? Cute but cozy? Thanks! Jen

January 29, 2015 / 6:55 pm

I did look at Pottery Barn but didn't find anything that popped out. If I only could take certain features of each one….:) Yes, I can definitely do a post on comfy and, what I think, cute lounge wear. Stayed tuned 🙂

23. curly
    January 29, 2015 / 2:51 pm

Super cute outfit.My favorite is the arch bed as well.

24. Jasmin daily
    January 29, 2015 / 4:59 pm

I am also searching high and low for a new bed, my boyfriend and I are making a move and we have been looking at your third place pick! I love the other options you posted as well, it is seriously the hardest thing to find and settle on! BTW I really love the color combo in your outfit, burgundy with pink is my favorite!xo, Jasminwww.jasmindaily.com

January 29, 2015 / 6:53 pm

Thank you 🙂 Yes, it is hard to settle on one. Hopefully you'll find the perfect one!

January 31, 2015 / 2:32 am

That exact style of bed is my #1 choice… IF only I could find it in off white and velvet fabric. Must be popular as I haven't had any luck yet :/

25. Lara
    January 30, 2015 / 5:54 pm

hey Lilly…. loving the latest color combos! This one (grey/burgundy) and the brown/black checked shirt was a BIG help for me the other day. So if you're looking for suggestions for new stories/posts.. how about work bags… to carry your laptop in.. I"m on the hunt for a new one… sturdy, versatile, chic…. HELP!

January 31, 2015 / 2:34 am

Thank you Lara :). Yes, I have some in mind I really like so I'll share it soon.

26. Lara
    January 30, 2015 / 5:55 pm

and I like the last bed, very modern and looks SUPER comfy!

27. OccasionallyAJ
    February 2, 2015 / 6:38 pm

I love this combo. Great for office Valentine's Day without being obnoxious.