classic button down – a wardrobe essential

A classic white button down is one of those items that every woman should have in her closet. Extremely versatile and it goes with everything. One of my favorite ways to wear it is with jeans. I call it ‘instant chic’.

What I love about this particular shirt is the length, which not only looks chic but is perfect for layering.

Shirt: Ann Taylor – now on sale! / Jeans old – similar here and here  / Flats old – similar here -gets great reviews!  here and pointy toe option / Bag: Henri Bendel – love this option for less  /  Necklace: Bauble Bar – love this one too / Sunglasses: Ray-Ban / Watch: Daniel Wellington

Now, did you all have a great weekend?   How amazing was the Lunar Eclipse?!! Simply incredible!  I think I said ‘wow’ one too many times 🙂

Wishing you all a fantastic start to your week!

1. Madillene
    September 28, 2015 / 12:20 pm

I love that look, it's amazing! 🙂

2. Teresa Loop
    September 28, 2015 / 4:04 pm

Absolutely instantly chic! And I can see that it would be cute under a sweater or cardigan for sure! The eclipse was neat, I was afraid we wouldn't see it, but the moon peeked out from behind the clouds. Hope you are feeling better!

3. Heidi Hendricksen
    September 28, 2015 / 4:36 pm

I love your classic style! Those jeans fit like they were made for you! Hope you had a great weekend, Lilly.Wishes & Reality

4. Kathleen Harper
    September 28, 2015 / 5:17 pm

A white button-down is always a favorite! So effortless!<3katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

5. Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos
    September 28, 2015 / 5:54 pm

The length is perfect for layering. I have a few white oxfords but this one makes more sense! ;)Sequins&Stilettos

6. Anna Baun
    September 28, 2015 / 9:38 pm

I would agree, a girl can never go wrong with a great, classic white button down. The styling possibilities are endless! Looking casually cool, as always! XOAnnaalilyloveaffair.com

7. Beautygirl 24
    September 28, 2015 / 10:16 pm

I completely agree! A white button down is instant chic, and it will always look beautiful 🙂

8. Ella Pretty Blog
    September 29, 2015 / 12:27 am

I love everything about this look – the classic white button down, the leopard flats, distressed jeans and peek of the metallic necklace – so beautiful!

9. alison*elle
    September 29, 2015 / 6:36 am

Love the fit of this shirt! I always love the look of button-downs but for some reason never wear them myself.xo, alison*elle

10. prudence yeo
    September 29, 2015 / 2:41 pm

Love this classic look with a white shirt and jeans! Cute flats too!Prudencewww.prudencepetitestyle.com

11. Teresa Loop
    September 29, 2015 / 5:20 pm

I have a question about accessing the blog archives, is that still an option? From time to time I liked to look through specific months, but can't figure out how to do that anymore

September 29, 2015 / 5:42 pm

It's been gone since the new layout 🙁 I've tried to add it in gadgets but it shows as added (must be something messed up within the template). Hopefully it will get fixed soon as I use it too quite a bit. Thanks for the reminder 🙂

12. Jessica Garcia
    September 29, 2015 / 5:50 pm

The perfect fitting button down is essential to every girl's wardrobe! This one fits you like a glove 🙂 Would love for you to stop by my latest! xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

September 30, 2015 / 12:01 am

this is a look I will never ever get tired of. Love your take on it, and that bag is fabulous:)XO, Ginawww.classyeverafterblog.com