comfortable and stylish travel outfit

My trip is coming up in little over a month, and I’m already starting to “worry” – what to pack? what to wear?  But narrowing down on a travel outfit is a start, no?!

I love to be comfortable when traveling but also look put together.  Heels will never be an option for me when traveling…so that’s when sneakers or flats come in.

For longer flights I prefer sneakers. Jeans have to be soft and comfy. I like to wear layers, so tees with a comfortable blazer or cardigan are usually a winning combo for me.

These sneakers are just some of my absolute favorites (I’m sure I say that every single time I wear them. But it’s the truth).  If you’re in doubt what sneakers to get, go for these. They’re affordable, comfortable and go with so much (last worn here).

Blazer: J.Crew Factory old – nice options here, here / Tee old – similar here and here / Jeans / Sneakers – size down / Leather Tote old – similar – exact faux leather style for less

What type of attire do you like to travel in?

1. Natali
    March 31, 2016 / 6:07 pm

This is a perfect casual combo!!! I'm loving your blazer and that tote is a perfect daytime bag. :)http://lartoffashion.com

April 1, 2016 / 1:56 am

Thank you sweet Natali 🙂 Love this tote, it fits so much.

2. Heidi Daoud
    March 31, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Perfect travel outfit! Love that blazer! I always try to keep my travel items neutral so they all work together:)Heidi || Wishes & Reality

April 1, 2016 / 1:55 am

Thank you Heidi 🙂 I'm already trying to figure out how to get the most out the pieces I pack. There will be a lot of mix and matching going on.

3. Kacie Ellis
    March 31, 2016 / 8:14 pm

This is such a stylish yet comfy travel outfit! I have a mother-daughter trip to San Diego planned for June and I'm starting to stress about what to pack. lol.http://elementsofellis.com/

April 1, 2016 / 1:54 am

That sounds like a fun trip! I wonder if it's a blogger thing lol I hate overpacking but I also hate under-packing. Can't win haha

4. Shadowy Lady
    April 1, 2016 / 12:46 am

Love your outfit and agree about the converse. I travel a lot (mostly for work and mostly to Europe). I don't wear jeans when I travel though as I don't find them comfy. For me it's about nice think leggings, a big scarf, tunic, blazer and sneakers (flat boots in the winter). Oh and I don't wear makeup in air except for red lipstick 😛

April 1, 2016 / 1:52 am

You're the comfy-travel-outfit pro 😉 And scarves are a must. Overseas trips require extra comfort. There are not very many jeans that are comfortable for long travels. Only about 2 pairs of jeans I own would be comfortable enough for longer trips. And Oh-la-la on the red lip… 😉

April 1, 2016 / 1:56 am

Can't go wrong with Converse right 🙂

5. Ella Pretty Blog
    April 1, 2016 / 5:23 am

Such a cute outfit – I love how you paired comfy elements (the sneakers and tank) with a tailored jacket – so you look elegant but feel laid back! I usually wear jeans & ballet flats for traveling, along with a blanket scarf to use as a pillow/blanket :-)MY BLOG: ♥♥♥ Ella Pretty ♥♥♥

6. Ella Pretty Blog
    April 1, 2016 / 5:24 am

April 3, 2016 / 1:31 am

Thank you sweet lady! Blanket scarfs are a must for traveling…they serve so many purposes 🙂

April 1, 2016 / 11:05 am

such a gorgeous blazer,Lilly! I love my cons too, especially in spring and summer. Where are you going on your trip? I always start thinking about packing months before too. I would love to see a packing post:) XO,Ginawww.classyeverafterblog.com

April 3, 2016 / 1:30 am

I'm such a huge fan of converse! I'm going to Croatia (might visit Italy and Switzerland too, will see 🙂 I think I need to start putting outfits together, May will be here before we know it. I'll try to share a packing post 😉

• Gina
      April 7, 2016 / 9:34 pm

Italy, Oh my gosh…Italy is heaven! Have an amazing trip:)

8. SarahN @ livetolist
    April 4, 2016 / 8:57 am

Love it!The key is jeans that don't need a belt, for all those checks (which is tricky). Is the jacket lined in cotton or polyester – I find polyester can be a bit sweaty when travelling.

9. Monika Wlodarczyk
    April 4, 2016 / 10:41 am

Such a lovely look!Love,www.thestyleventure.com

10. Teresa Loop
    April 8, 2016 / 12:40 am

How exciting! What's the weather going to be like while you're there? I'm sure you'll be able to shop if you need something you didn't bring. I've pinned outfits for specific trips, then I can plan for mix/match before I even pack. Toiletries are my biggest headache, they take up more room than my clothes and shoes. I need to streamline, lol!