Casual Friday // Scalloped Eyelet Top

Happy Friday!

I proud of myself for not wearing jeans very much since Summer officially started. When I do wear them I always tend to reach for the same ones, my favorite jeans brand – Mother.  They’re on the pricey side but worth saving up for. Soft, they don’t stretch out and are flattering on everyone.

I’ve mentioned in one of my previous posts that I’ve been on the hunt for “shorter” tops to pair with high-waisted skirts.  This one would look especially great with pencil skirts.  It’s not too short, no skin showing, and it’s not too long too look frumpy.  And of course, if pairs great with jeans (shorts too).

Ann Taylor Top  – 40% off w/code WEARNOW //  Mother Jeans tts – similar style for $45  /   Sandalshere select colors on sale!  /   Bag – similar style for less  /   Sunglasses  /  X ring

Have a lovely weekend!

I think this year I’ve set my own record for wearing heeled sandals. Low block heel to be exact. I’ve always been a flats person, but block heel sandals (ok, and select Fall booties) elevate just about any outfit and are comfortable for all day wear.  It’s almost a little silly how long I’ve been eyeing Sam Edelman Susie sandals but can’t seem to decide which color I like the most (I better hurry before summer is over).  I’m loving these…but the word “denim” scares me lol. It’s striped denim though 😉  What do you think about those – yay or nay?

1. Dressed With Soul
    July 7, 2017 / 2:09 pm

This denim look is so wonderful elegant!xx from Bavaria/Germany, Renawww.dressedwithsoul.com

July 7, 2017 / 11:08 pm

2. Liz | Shopping My Closet
    July 7, 2017 / 3:39 pm

Loving the lace top!Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

July 7, 2017 / 11:09 pm

3. prom queen
    July 7, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Love this outfit, you look super cool as always….shoes No ….they are cute and would be great for 4th of July but not much else..for the $ get a classic colour so you can have some longevity out of this style.✌💛

July 7, 2017 / 11:03 pm

You're seriously too kind, thank you 🙂 My hubby didn't like those sandals either lol. I agree, for that amount of $ a versatile classic color is the way to go 🙂

4. Natali Karppinen
    July 7, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Loving your top, it's so pretty and romantic! Have a great weekend beauty!http://lartoffashion.com

July 7, 2017 / 11:08 pm

Thank you sweet Natali. Wishing you a great weekend as well xo

5. Nicole Danielski
    July 7, 2017 / 8:59 pm

Love this look!! I am thinking about trying those jeans….they look so nice on you! Love the Susie sandal but in the oatmeal. Have a wonderful weekend 🙂

July 7, 2017 / 11:05 pm

Thank you 🙂 I have 3 pairs of Mother jeans (first pair I got about 5 years ago and they are still wearable). I find them to be flattering on everyone. And thanks for the input on the color, oatmeal is definitely a good one.

6. Lynna
    July 8, 2017 / 11:03 am

Love your outfit<3 It looks super fashionable! xxhttps://www.oneirojewelry.com

July 9, 2017 / 6:49 pm

7. Teresa Loop
    July 8, 2017 / 4:49 pm

I feel like this look could be worn year round! So pretty! Are you gearing up for the Anniversary Sale? I've gone through the catalog a few times convincing myself I don't need much, haha!! This will be the first sale I'll actually be able to go in and see things myself. Last summer we were driving across the country and I'd only get glimpses on IG in the evening at the hotel. It was excruciating, lol!

July 9, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Thank you 🙂 I can't believe it's almost here…the sale when everyone goes crazy lol I definitely don't need anything but I'm going to be realistic and admit that I'll probably buy one too many pieces. Last year I waited to long and missed out on a few pieces so this year I'll get what I LOVE, or think I love…lol (easy to return anything I change my mind about). I will share my top pics on here 🙂

July 9, 2017 / 6:50 pm